Thank you to everyone for your willingness to adapt during this unusual period of time.
With the governor announcing that Phase 1 of reopening includes churches, we held our first in-person service Wednesday May 20. Thank you to all who were there.
In order to help things move smoothly, we are sharing our guidelines and protocols for gathering.
Churches are allowed to meet with 40% of the stated occupancy capacity, which for our building gives us more than enough to accommodate our congregation. This is good news.
We will be resuming our regular schedule of services at the building:
- Serious Men – Sundays 8am (in person only)
- Sunday School – Sundays 10am (in person, and live-stream)
- Sunday Services – 11am, 7pm (in person, and live-stream)
- Midweek Service – Wednesdays 7pm (in person, and live-stream)
Since the beginning of the lockdown, our cleaning staff has been doing extra disinfection of high-contact surfaces after every service. This will continue alongside the normal building cleaning regimen. We are making hand sanitizer available in the lobby to help you maintain good hand hygiene.
In order to follow the state reopening guidelines, there are several additional things we need to observe for the time being.
- There will be no nursery, children’s church or children’s Sunday school at this time
- To maintain social distance, we are refraining from handshakes and hugs
- We are observing the MA face covering requirements
- Everyone will be safely distanced when seated in the sanctuary, but we strongly suggest you have your mask on when you enter the building
- Sanctuary seating has been arranged to facilitate distance requirements
- Households and families can sit together
- Individuals and people not from the same household must be at least three chairs away from the next person
- Non-seating rows are marked
- There is a section marked for older members
- Services will still be live-streamed
- Click here for live-stream page
- If you are sick or have symptoms of COVID, please stay home
- If you have been exposed to COVID in the last 2 weeks, please stay home
- If you are at higher risk, please stay home
- If you are uncomfortable gathering in person right now, you may stream the services online
- If you are unwilling to follow the distancing and other guidelines, please continue to stream the services online
- Offerings will be received each service, but we will not be passing the offering baskets; there are several options for giving
- Baskets at the back of the sanctuary
- Online: www.victorychapel.com/giving
- Text: 508-593-0888
- Mail: Victory Chapel, 320 Kidd’s Hill Road, Hyannis, MA 02601
We will continue to post updates here as needed.