We Believe that Jesus Christ
- is the Son of the Living God and the only Savior from sin.
- is the Great Physician and the Healer of the body and soul through the blood atonement.
- is the baptizer with the Holy Ghost today, just as He was on the Day of Pentecost.
- is the soon-coming King, coming back to the earth again as the only hope for our dying world.
- is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Primary Experiences of the Christian Life
There are three primary experiences of the Christian life: salvation, water baptism, and the Holy Spirit baptism.
- Salvation is initiated by a prayer of faith in Jesus.
- is completed by God’s grace.
- is maintained by a lifestyle of Biblical righteousness.
- is demonstrated by works.
- is lost when we sin and do not repent.
- is necessary to enter Heaven in eternity.
- Water baptism was exemplified by Christ.
- is not necessary to be saved, but is definitely an important Christian experience not to be negated.
- is a public demonstration of faith in Jesus Christ.
- is executed in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
- Holy Spirit baptism is evidenced by speaking in tongues.
- is an experience different and distinct from Salvation or Water Baptism.
Primary responsibilities for each Christian
There are four primary responsibilities of each Christian: prayer, outreach, reading the Bible, and fellowship.
- Daily Prayer: Seeking God in prayer is a fundamental necessity of maintaining our relationship with Him.
- Outreach: Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others.
- Reading the Bible: Feeding our spirit with the Word of God, and living thereby.
- Fellowship: Gathering together in a local assembly of believers for worship and admonition, and spiritually enriching camaraderie with other believers.